Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling awarded by the University of Bristol December 2000 http://www.bristol.ac.uk/
MSc in Counselling Research awarded by the University of Bristol February 2002 http://www.bristol.ac.uk/
Advanced certificate in Therapeutic Counselling 1997 Somerset College of Arts & Technology, Taunton(CPCAB) The Counselling & Psychotherapy http://www.cpcab.co.uk/learners/faqs.php
Diploma in individual and group supervision – CASCADE 2008 – Nov 2008 http://www.counsellingsupervisiontraining.co.uk/
RESEARCH PUBLISHED/ SUBMITTED
Spa treatments as a potential tool in the rehabilitation of people with alcohol and drug problems: a personal perspective Author: Wright, Becky1 Source: Journal of Substance Use, Volume 11, Number 2, April 2006 , pp. 151-159(9) Publisher: Taylor and Francis Ltd
“The body of anger: an investigation of mind, body and spirit approaches to help clients understand and process their anger.” Submitted to CPR Journal (Counselling and Psychotherapy Research Journal)
Becky Wright is accredited with:
BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists 009921
Fellowship Winner for the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust 2004 – Researched Domestic Violence in America 2004http://www.wcmt.org.uk/
Winner 2000 of Pavilion Publishing Innovation in Training Award for Drug & Alcohol Pack entitled, “ Get Sorted with Drugs and Alcohol. Jo Sharrocks – 01273 666725.
Finalist 1999 Cosmopolitan and House of Fraser Woman of Achievement in Education Award.
Finalist 2016 Taunton Deane Business Awards.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Awen Foundation Course 2 years training working with deep imagination completed June 2016
- 04/02/16 The 9th Annual New Savoy Conference & Exhibition Psychological Therapies Millennium Conference Centre, London
- 8/03/16 2 Day Health and Wellbeing @ Work Conference Birmingham
- 30/05/16 BACP Practitioner Conference London
- 27/05/16 Multi-Stakeholder Contracting: A collaborative Webinar from the Association for Coaching, the EMCC and the ICF
- 02/06/16 Webinar Coaching Resilience series with Dr Chris Johnstone
- 06/07/17 Coaching at Work Conference London
- 24/04/15 BACP Practitioners Conference Leeds
- 18/06/15 Masterclass SMART Resilience
- 01/07/15 Coaching at Work Conference London
- 12/11/15 Meaning Conference Brighton
- 24/11/16 Resilience Coaching Workshop London Dr Carole Pemberton
- 14/02/15 Jung Lecture Bristol Ian Rees
- 26-27/11/14 Transformational Coaching with Peter Hawkins
- 25/04/12 Social Media Master Class Dillington House
- 24/03/12 Spring Conference Creativity, Dreams & the Imagination TAP Taunton.
- 10/02/12 – Thinking about not knowing David Henderson
- 19/01/12 A Necessary grief with Annie Lloyd TAP Taunton
- Action Learning Facilitator with the Institute of Leadership and Management. Presented at BACP Coaching Conference London June
- Action Learning Facilitator with the Institute of Leadership and Management.
- Presented at BACP Coaching Conference London June
- 20/05/11 Don’t Go There – Anna Colgan Trauma and Somatic experiences TAP Talk Taunton.
- 21/01/11 The Poetry of Counselling and Psychotherapy – Chris Banks TAP Talk Taunton
- 12/03/11 Annual Conference Neuroscience and the Nature of Consciousness. (Chair of conference)
- 13/10/11 Playing in the therapeutic relationship talk by Di Gammage
- 22/01/10 Supervision does it work – Talk by Caro Bailey TAP Taunton
- 26/02/10 The Challenge of Belonging: an Exploration of the Relationship between early pre and perinatal Wounding and Spiritual Wellbeing talk by Maura Sills TAP Taunton
- 20/03/10 Annual Conference TAP – chaired conference entitled TAP Conference entitled THERAPY IN ‘BROKEN BRITAIN’?Engaging Teens, Involving Men and Including the Excluded.
- 21/05/10 Working psychoanalytically with patients who are facing death – talk by Mark Budden
- TAP Taunton.
- 18/06/10 Telling Tales of Love – talk by Kevin Chandler TAP Taunton.
- 23/01/09 Ambivalence CPD Talk – Taunton Association Psychodynamics
- 21/03/09 Annual Conference TAP – chaired conference entitled THE CHALLENGE OF TRAUMA
- What is it and how can we treat it?
- 29/04/09 Introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
- [email protected] Partnership
- 15/05/09 Body Psychotherapy – talk by Cedric Daetwyler TAP
- 19/06/09 Shizophrenia – Psychological and Spiritual Approaches – talk by Peter Chadwick
- 18/09/09 Therapy for people with Learning Disabilities- Clare Le Roux TAP Talk
- 16/10/09 Hypnosis – Talk by Sharon Eastwood TAP
- 20/11/09 From Sacred Plants to Psychotherapy – Ben Sessa Talk TAPO
- 14/11/09 Full day workshop – Intuition and Psychotherapy
- 12/01/08 IT course Wellington
- 18-20/01/08 CASCADE Course
- 29/02/08 Transference and Countertransference University of Exeter with Jan Wiener
- 14-16/03/08 CASCADE Supervision Training
- 19/04/08 Training day for supervisors entitled exploring self – with – other in the supervisory relationship. CASCADE London.
16/11/07 Attended evening TAP talk Understanding, Assessing and managing Sexual Harmful behaviour
07/12/07 Hestercombe half day Regional Study Morning on Substance Misuse. Organised by Somerset Partnerships NHS Trust.
21/12/07 Diversity in the Workplace Somerset Partnerships e learning package. Marshall ACM Certificate
21/12/07 Child Protection Training Somerset Partnership NHS and Social
19/04/07 Attendance Certificate – Risk Assessment and Risk Management
19/04/07 Somerset Partnership NHS Attendance Certificate
20/04/07 Alcohol Awareness Certificate
30/03/07 Mendip Alcohol Team Attendance Certificate
30/03/07 Annual TAP Conference – Lifting the Veil TAP Contemporary perspectives on sexuality. Attendance Certificate
30/03/07 Breakaway Training Somerset Partnership Trust
Attendance Certificate – TAP Annual Conference Critical Conversations 25/03/2006 Certificate – ICPA Intergrated Care Programme Approach 30/03/06 Somerset Partnership NHS Trust. Attendance Certificate – Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy an introduction 12/05/06 Outlook South West
Certificate of Attendance – Reflexivity and Human Violence (TAP) Taunton Association for Psychodynamics 21/01/05 Attendance Certificate – Art as a Medium for Therapy 14/10/05 Attendance Certificate – Domestic Abuse Training Day – 01/04/05 Dr John Barnes Consultant Psychiatrist in Substance Misuse. Certificate – TUC National Open College Network Union Training 23/06/05 Certificate – ICPA Integrated Care Programme Apporach in client management. Somerset NHS Trust 05/04/05 Attendance Certificate – Embracing Diversity – Meeting Spiritual Needs in Mental Health. 15/09/05 Somerset partnership NHS
Attendance Certificate – Annual conference TAP Addiction, Transference and Psychotherapy Attendance Certificate – Couple Therapy and the Unconscious 19/11/04 TAP Attendance Certificate – British Association of Drama Therapy Dr Irvin Yalom 12/06/04
Certificate BTEC Assess Candidate Performance D32 D33 D44 Strode College February 1999
Introduction Solution Focused Brief Therapy, University of Bristol, Bristol :1998 Introduction Brief Therapy with Individuals and Family, Brief Therapy Practice London, :1998 Attendance Certificate Brief Therapy Training Bristol University March 1998 Attendance Certificate Self Esteem Training LEAP The LAB, Lennox Rd, Finsbury Park London June 1998
Certificate LEAP The LAB, Lennox Rd, Finsbury Park1996 Young Men & Anger Self Harm Study Bristol University November 1996 Attendance Certificate An Introduction to Neuro Linguistic Programming Bristol University Bristol University Jacqui Porter JP Associates March1996 Attendance Certificate Psychological Debriefing and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Short Course ran through Bristol University1996
Certificate LEAP The LAB, Lennox Rd, Finsbury Park Playing with Fire, A training course in the creative uses of conflict 60 hour module1994
Certificate in Education University of Plymouth September 1993 Certificate NCBA National Coalition Building Institute Trainers & Leaders Reduction & Conflict Resolution1993
Foundation Aids Counselling Course, National Aids Counselling Trust, :1992 Certificate ENB 934/280 Trainers workshop English National Board for nursing Woodseats House1992
Certificate Diploma in Dietary Therapy The College of Dietary Therapy St Bartholomew Hospital London 1990
RECENT PRESENTATIONS AT CONFERENCES TALKS / WORKSHOPS
May 2012 talk to Taunton Association for Psychodynamics entitled Counselling and Coaching: A Collision or Collaboration.
From July 2010 to July 2011 delivered Motivational Interviewing Training and Embedding Skills training to NHS staff Whittington Health.
March 2011 chair of TAP Conference Enlightened Psychotherapy, Neuroscience and the
Nature of Conciousness.
January 2008 – delivered evening talk to Accountants on Stress Management.
November 2007 – Presented training for Street Homeless Outreach Team Exeter entitled, “Negotiation Skills and Conflict Resolution.”
May 2007 – Presented research at, “ Unhooked Thinking – Love and Baggage.” Conference Bath.http://unhookedthinking.wordpress.com/conference-speakers-2006/
June 2007 – Presented one training day for NHS Staff on, “ Creative Ways of Working with Anger.” Part 2
January 2006 – Presented talk entitled, “ In a State of Anger.” To Taunton Association for Psychodynamics.http://www.taplimited.org.uk/
September 2005 – Presented one training day for NHS Staff on, Creative Ways of Working with Anger.” Part 1
March 2005 – Presented research on Domestic Violence. Lyngford House Taunton.
2005 Guest speaker at the Taunton Women’s Refuge AGM and Taunton Association for Psychodynamics
2011 Conference Chair – Enlightened Psychotherapy and the Nature of Conciousness
June 2011 Conference Presenter London BACP Coaching Conference.