The following statement covers how we collect, protect and use information we receive from website visitors to www.newleaf.uk.com
Our promise to you is that we will treat your personal information securely and be pro-active in ensuring that this is always the case. We will never disclose your personal information without your express permission.
The term ‘New Leaf Life Design’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
1. The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
2. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
3. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
4. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
5. All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
6. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
7. From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
8. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Security and confidentiality
Any information you provide will be held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Your personal details will not be sold or traded to third parties. In limited circumstances we may need to disclose your personal details to a third party so that they can provide a service you have requested, or fulfil a request for information, we will advise you beforehand in such cases. Any information about you that we pass to a third party will be held securely by that party, in accordance with the Data Protection Act, and used only to provide the services or information you have requested.
Information we collect from visitors
You will know when we are collecting your personal information as we will ask you for it and you will choose to provide it or not. It is only impersonal information that may be collected automatically e.g. the person connecting is based in the UK, the type of browser that is being used.
We collect several kinds of information from visitors to www.newleaf.uk.com; what we collect is dependent on the part of the site being visited, e.g. registering for an event, training, feedback, e-mail enquiries, or participating in another site feature.
By participating in these features we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, postal address, postcode, daytime and/or mobile phone number.
We use website tracking software to get useful statistics about online visits, but this is not personal, by this we mean that you personally (who you are) could not be tracked by it.
We would never use information collected from you and which identifies you, without first seeking your express permission to do so, i.e. what information and how we would like to use it.
Site usage information
Cookies are pieces of data created when you visit a site, and contain a unique, anonymous number. They are stored in the cookie directory of your hard drive, and do not expire at the end of your session. Cookies do not contain any personal information about you and cannot be used to identify an individual user. If you choose not to accept the cookie, this will not affect your access to the majority of facilities available on our website.
Although your browser may be set up to allow the creation of cookies, you can specify that you be prompted before a site puts a cookie on your hard disk, so that you can decide whether to allow or disallow the cookie. Alternatively, you can set your computer not to accept any cookie. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to some features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services may not function properly, such as placing an on-line order.
Cookies from Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how website visitors use our website. We use this information to improve the service and experience we offer on this website. We do not collect any personal information (like your name or address). All of the information on website usage is anonymous.
You can opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across this and all websites by simply downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on tool.
Cookies from Social Media buttons
Log files allow us to record visitors’ use of the site. Log file information from all our visitors, which we use to make improvements to the layout of the site and to the information in it, based on the way that visitors move around it. Log files do not contain any personal information about you.
Linking to another site
As stated above we provide links to other web sites. When a link is made we open another browser window. We do not pass on any personal information as part of the linking process. New Leaf is not responsible for the privacy practices within any of these other sites. We encourage you to look for and read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Access to your information and contacting newleaf.uk.com
Becky Wright is a fully accredited member of BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy), she is bound by its Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy, the Ethical Guidelines for Researching Counselling and Psychotherapy (where practitioners undertake research) and subject to the Professional Conduct Procedure for the time being in force.