The four hour refresher course will support your Mental Health First Aiders and MHFA Champions by:
- Renewing their skills
- Updating their knowledge of mental health supports
- Giving them the chance to practice applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Enabling your Mental Health First Aiders and MHFA Champions to refresh their skills, the same way your physical first aiders do, is a great way to demonstrate your organisation’s commitment to treating mental health and physical health equally. Investing in the course will give you the confidence that your Mental Health First Aiders and MHFA Champions are performing their role safely and effectively.
- Four hour face to face course
- Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities
How often should MHFA England skills be refreshed?
We recommend that Mental Health First Aiders and MHFA Champions attend a refresher course every three years. Just like physical first aid, updating skills and knowledge allows people to perform this vital role confidently and safely.
Ask Becky about the dates of the next refresher training course